Policies & Procedures
ODU Libraries Customer Service Standards
* The library customer is the focus of everything we do.
* The library will treat all customers in a non-judgmental manner, with courtesy, respect, and efficiency.
* All library departments will provide a welcoming environment for library customers.
* The library will accommodate customers with special needs requests.
* Library staff will acknowledge all telephone, email, and in-person requests in a timely manner.
* Library staff will answer all telephone calls promptly.
* In the event staff members are unable to help a customer immediately, they will always research the question, follow-up and/or make an appropriate referral.
* The library will investigate and act to resolve all questions, concerns or complaints in a constructive, positive, and timely manner.
* The library will continuously assess and improve its services.