On Snapshot Day, 95 of our library users completed comment cards. Here's what they did in the library:
|Check out an item: 48
||Use a computer: 40
|| Meet with friends: 19
||Attend a meeting: 3
|Job help: 2
||Attend a program/class: 1
Why is the library important to you?
- I can get books/articles via ILL of at the stacks. I LOVE the Library! Also, it’s a great place to come and get my work done.
- The library helps me immensely with all of my graduate program research needs.
- Books, Journal Articles for papers/research projects
- Writing research papers.
- Research - Interloan program is great!
- Return book - Thank you ILL!
- Love interlibrary loan - lost without it!
- It is an excellent source of information along with well trained staff to assist me in my research
- Provides a quiet environment away from distractions in which I can study
- Because it gives me a quiet environment to study in.
- Information, Free prints
- Access to a PC and a good ambiance for study
- Get a good environment to study
- GIS computer systems
- Use of computers and resources
- because I use it to study for finals!
- Quiet resourceful place to learn
- quiet palace to study
- Place to study and use a computer
- Because the library is an incredible volume of information, and librarians are wonderful research assistants. Without access to free information and computers our society would certainly falter a few levels, and in fact the diminishment of public libraries has already had a negative impact in child and youth development.
- cause it provides a lot for my research, a perfect place to study
- To study a lot and be more productive
- It's where we keep the books
- [Check out books], study, use what little computers there are, and get my work done
- To have a quite place to study and be able to concentrate
- To do research
- Has books that I want to read and not buy
- Helps me study and do school work
- For references and looking up material for class
- A place worthy of my attention!
- Band aid
- Without the library I'd probably fail out of college.
- Perry Library provides enrichment to my life. There are such a diverse group of people at the library daily that I am always learning new things!
- Is this a Joke? I would jump off a building with no library. I live and die by the library. I'm a research junkie.
- Helps me with school
- Researching general information (IAW) graphs, charts, technicals, news, companies, politics, sports, management analysis, investments, wellness, services, general advise, history, etc.
- Because it helps me get my work done. It's a fantastic source for everything I need like books, computers, and printing.
- I don't have a computer or internet access at my apartment so it would be impossible to get through college without the library
- It provides me with a quiet place to study in between classes. I am a commuter, so it's nice to have a place to hangout and get work done.
- The extended hours, the support from library aids, the free printer paper, the vast amount of computers, the clean study spaces, the wonderful selection of resources and books. The use of staplers and hole punchers and comfy sofas.
- It's a good place to do research or study and it's a good place to meet with people
- It offers computer usage and there are individuals on duty who can assist you when and if you need assistance
- Lots of good resources here. It's a fun place. I like it.
- My computer crashed so I have to come here to use computers. This place is a life saver! Also, I can meet and hangout with my battle buddy!
- It's a fantastic place to study and do research; helps block out all other distractions especially T.V.; it also is a great place to meet with your study group and have time to review material especially in the study rooms; lastly looking up jobs is very easy in a library.
- Enables me to study in silence.
- This is where I can do research and complete my assignments without the distraction in other buildings. Libraries are important!
- [-----] resources for my teaching!
- It allows me to interact with my peers and stay in a working environment.
- Quiet place to study and ability to use computers in more open area
- Study place. Computers
- I get so much done here. It is nice to have a quiet place to get work done.
- My professional survival depends on the library. Excellent Library
- Without libraries we lose a large repository for our own history. The lack of physical books makes this generation poorer for it.
- All of the resources available are helpful and free
- Because I work there
- Helps me get my work done
- Computer lab, online journal accessing, archives, microforms
- It gives me a place to do work without distractions
- The library is important to me for research books and to use computers
- The library is a quiet place in which I can study which is very important to me. I can also work at the library which is as well important!
- Helps me obtain research for papers
- I can focus here! Its quiet too!
- It is resourceful and the people are very helpful, nice, and efficient.
- Study for exams.
- Very important for final papers
- Gives me a quiet place to study and catch up on work
- Helps me access books I need without having to purchase them!
- It provides a quiet place to study along with a vast amount of resources for research
- Need sources to write certain papers
- I am using the computer to work on my final event and leadership project.
- Because I need books
- The ODU library is important park of the university which allows me to use the computer lab and find books on any topic. It is also a great place to study.
- It helps me to do all of my school work
- Has books and journals
- Research work.
- It gives me a place to relax while getting my work done.
- It has a lot of the information that I need to complete my assignments.
- It is the ideal environment for studying and doing course work.
- Helps me work on my composition everyday.
- Terrific resource for information, books, research, music, etc.
- As a music composition major, it gives me easy access to scores and a place to listen.
- It's a quiet place for me to do research
- It gives me a place to come and be myself without the influence of friends.
- I couldn't teach my classes without the resources and staff to help.
- Because it allows me to work in a quiet, comfortable table area. Also, I am a music major so all of my resources are right here.
- The internet is only so good to a certain point. The Art Library gives me more choices, research, bigger picture.
- A very important resource for "the artist", it can also facilitate and expand an artist or anyone interested in finding out more about art, artists, mankind's progress through the centuries.
- Great for quiet place to work and to get research material