Archives for: May 2013, 23
The University Libraries have been conducting a trial of the EBSCO Discovery Service. It provides users with access to ODU's library collections via a single entry point. This service lets users search both the library catalog and a selection of our article databases from a single search box.
Please try it out before the trial ends on June 30, 2013. It is available from a search box on our homepage, or click here.
Your opinion matters. Please tell us what you think of this resource and if it would support your learning, teaching, or research at ODU.
The University Libraries and Friends of the ODU Libraries congratulate this year's Staff Member and Librarian of the Year.
Our Staff Member of the Year is Margaret Oliver. She is the library's Business Manager and has served the library since 2000. Kathryn Boone, our Librarian of the Year, is the Learning Commons Operations Manager and has served the library since 1983 in a variety of positions. Both are continuing their education at ODU: a degree in finance for Margaret, and a graduate certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Kathryn.
Congratulations to both of you!!!
Memorial Day hours:
- The Learning Commons (1st floor & 2nd floor loft) of Perry Library will be open from 10am - 10pm on Memorial Day, Monday 5/27 to current ODU faculty, staff and students. Card swipe access at front door is required.
- Other floors in Perry Library, Art Library, and Diehn Composers Room will be closed for the holiday.
Regular Summer hours for Perry Library and Learning Commons:
Monday-Thursday: 8am - midnight
Friday: 8am - 10pm
Saturday: 9am - 10pm
Sunday: 9am - midnight
Summer hours for Art Library & Diehn Composers Room:
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm
- Student Success Center summer hours: 8am - 5:30pm
- Door between Perry Library and Student Success Center is not available between 6:15pm and 7:00am. An alarm system is activated between those hours.
- Einstein Bros. Express is closed for the summer.