A friendly reminder! Books and other items on loan from ODU Libraries for the full Spring Semester are due on May 20, 2013. These materials must be physically returned to the Libraries for check-in or for renewal. Questions? Please call 683-4154 or email: email@example.com
ODU Libraries is pleased to announce that, beginning Friday, January 11, 2013, ODU Monarch-Key username and password will serve as login for the ILLiad interlibrary loan and document delivery system. New registrants and past users with differing ILLiad and MIDAS-Key account usernames will be prompted to complete a short, one-time only registration form prior to submitting requests.
Please contact the ILL office at 757-683-4170 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to this transition.
The University Libraries will undergo a system upgrade on Monday 10/8/12. This will be a significant upgrade scheduled to begin at approximately 11am EDT and is expected to last 6-8 hours.
During the system outage the following services will NOT be available:
• Online Libraries catalog
• Online and telephone renewal requests
• Express Lane self-checkout stations within Perry Library
• Fine and fee payment
• Hold functionality
• Reserve materials searching
During the system outage the following services WILL be available:
• Checkout and renewal of materials at service desks in Perry Library (including the Learning Commons) and at the Art Library and the Diehn Composers Room. Transactions will be processed manually and service may be slower than usual.
• Returns - any materials returned while the circulation system is down will be checked in with a return date of 10/8 once the system is restored. No fines will accrue on materials that are due on the 8th and returned while the circulation system is down.
• Libraries and Learning Commons Web sites, including full-text online journal resources (ScienceDirect, etc.), research databases and ILLiad interlibrary loan. Links to the ODU Libraries catalog will be disabled, making it more difficult during the outage to determine ownership of specific materials.
If you need assistance locating materials in the Libraries during the outage, please contact the Learning Commons Help Desk (757-683-4178) or Perry Library Circulation Desk (757-683-4154)
Effective July 2, 2012, the study rooms on floors 2-4 will move to the Learning Commons online reservation system.
Students will be able to reserve the room on the Learning Commons page or by using one of the room reservation kiosks (on the first and second floors). No more going to the Circulation desk to show an ID and pick up a key.
The policies that apply to the Learning Commons collaboration rooms will apply to the study rooms on floors 2-4 starting in July.
This is a friendly reminder that books and other items on loan from the University Libraries over the Spring Semester are due on May 21, 2012. These materials must be physically returned to the Libraries for check-in or for renewal.
Questions? Please call 683-4154 or email: email@example.com
This is a friendly reminder that materials due at the end of the Fall Semester (1/20/2012) must be renewed or returned to the library. You may renew items in any of the following ways:
- on line at http://iii.lib.odu.edu/patroninfo
- by contacting us via phone at 683-4154
- through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of Perry Library
If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
EndNote X4 is now available for Mac computers. It is fully compatible with Word 2004 and 2008 for Mac along with Pages '09.
NOTE: EndNote X4 does not work in OS X 10.4. Install EndNote X2 if you need this software for that version of the operating system.
Download X4 from the OCCS Downloads for Students, Faculty, and Staff Page. You will need your MIDAS username and password to access the page.
Full documentation for EndNote and MACs is available from the EndNote website at: http://www.endnote.com/support/enx4man-terms-mac.asp
For information about Using EndNote with Library Databases, see the library's How To Use EndNote guide.
As a preview to the Learning Commons, Perry Library will provide iPads for loan to students, faculty and staff starting January 24. They will be available for one week loan periods. The iPads are offered to help increase student and faculty access to the latest information technology - in the context of learning, scholarship, and experimentation. Try an iPad! Find them at Perry Library’s 2nd floor circulation desk (3-4154).
Going mobile? Take us with you. The ODU Libraries Mobile Website allows you to hold the library in your hand - find out when we're open, search for books and articles, get the latest news, contact us for help. We're here...wherever you are.
Do you use an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch? The campus has an app just for you. To get the ODUMobile app, visit the download site from the Apple App store: http://mobile.odu.edu/
Lights, camera, action! Looking for a great film to watch? Check out our feature films page. Search by Search by keyword or browse the whole collection (over 1,000 titles).
Find and check them out at the 2nd Floor Circulation desk. Up to three films can be checked out for seven days. Bring your own popcorn!