5b. How to get books
What are some ways to get books?
- Look them up in the library catalog to see if they are available.
- Use the WorldCat database to look them up and see which libraries own them.
- Request an interlibrary loan of a book that is not owned by the Old Dominion Universitiy Libraries.
- Use the resource Books in Print to see if a particular book is currently available for sale or whether it has gone "out of print."
- Look at an online bookseller site such as Amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com if you are interested in buying a book that way, or buy it from a local bookstore.